Master the art of baking by joining Oxford at Crossroads Centre Apartments in Waxahachie, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.
Whether it’s drizzled on top of your latte or baked into your favorite brownie recipe, salted caramel is a favorite ingredient for many. We understand why, too! It’s tough to beat the sweet and salty sensation of anything salted caramel-flavored. That’s why your favorite apartment community in Waxahachie recommends recipes for Salted Caramel Cookies! Try one tonight, and you'll flip for these soft, chewy cookies topped with sea salt and caramel sauce. Can you say, “yum?”
• 1 cup butter, slightly softened
• 1 cup dark brown sugar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 large egg yolk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/4 cup caramel sauce, plus more for drizzling on cookies
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• sea salt flakes, optional to sprinkle on the top
1. Heat oven to 390 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar for at least 4 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
2. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix for 1 minute longer. Stir in caramel.
3. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If sprinkling sea salt flakes on the top of cookies, reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
4. If possible, use a light-colored baking sheet. Roll cookies into light balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until lightly golden on the sides. Remove from the oven and let set up for several minutes.
5. Drizzle caramel all over each cookie before serving. If so desired, sprinkle with sea salt flakes.