Pizza is beloved for many reasons, including its taste, its affordability, and its convenience of eating. However, there may come a time when you’d rather skip delivery services and make your own steaming pizza pie at home. When that day comes, turn to this delicious, easy recipe for Homemade Pepperoni Pizza. This recipe is a crowd-pleaser and family favorite for a reason! Best of all, it can be customized to suit your needs. Simply replace pepperoni with any meat or vegetable of your choosing.
Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
• 16 ounces pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
• 1/2 cup jarred pizza sauce
• 18-20 slices pepperoni
• 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, optional
• Flour for rolling and shaping the dough
1. Preheat oven to 500°F. If you are using a pizza stone, preheat it in the oven for at least 20 minutes so it is nice and hot as well.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. If it's hard to roll, let it rest for 5 minutes so it can come to room temperature.
3. Transfer the dough to a lightly dusted pizza peel. Alternatively, fit it into a large cast-iron.
4. Add sauce in a light layer all over the pizza, leaving about 1/4-inch crust around the edges. Chop half of the pepperoni and sprinkle it over the sauce. Top the pizza with grated cheese and the rest of the pepperoni. Season with black pepper.
5. If you're using a pizza stone, carefully slide the pizza into the center of the preheated pizza stone. Cook for 6 minutes, then rotate the pizza halfway so it cooks evenly. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and charred in spots.
6. If you're using a skillet, press the dough into a cast-iron skillet and add toppings. Place the skillet over a high heat burner for 2 minutes to get it preheated. Then transfer to a 500-degree oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
7. Once cooked, let the pizza rest for a few minutes and slice into pieces. Season with fresh oregano (optional).
After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at Oxford at Crossroads Centre Apartments in Waxahachie, Texas would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!