New year, new you – but, you can still hold on to a few beloved traditions from the holidays as you ease into 2021, right? We certainly hope so, because this recipe for Sugar-Crusted Raspberry Muffins is too good to pass up! All it takes is a simple batter, fresh raspberries, and a bit of extra sugar coating to make this standard muffin recipe a stand-out on your breakfast table.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• ¾ cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
• ¾ cup whole milk
• 1 large egg
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1?½ cups fresh raspberries
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and combine.
3. In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy. Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter.
4. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar.
5. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Mix-up something scrumptious with this special recipe provided to you by Oxford at Crossroads Centre Apartments in Waxahachie, Texas, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!